Stick 4.1 Lengths and Size Guide
What are the sizes you offer?
- Regular version extendable from 57.5cm to 99.5cm (22.6" to 39.2") and only weighing 562grams (19.8oz).
- Long version extendable from 67.5cm to 119.5cm (26.6" to 47") and weighs 596grams (21oz).
Dimensions and weights are approximate.
What size is best for me?
- If you are 5ft 6inch to 5ft 10inch and under we recommend the regular version.
- Between 5ft 10inch and 6ft it is very much going to be personal preference.
- Over 6ft you would likely prefer the longer as it will be more effective as a walking stick.
These are general recommendations and everyone is different. Other things to consider:
- The steeper and thicker the terrain the more likely you will prefer the regular version.
- If you will use the terrain in flatter terrain or have long walks in (e.g. up river valleys) the longer version may be more suitable.
- Shorter is more packable and much more useful and manageable in thick scrub.
- If unsure cut some wood to the two max lengths being approximately 98cm and 118cm. Give these a test and see what feel better. Remember that the best way to hold the MTN stick is on top of the head which makes it feel longer compared to a regular walking stick.
Contact us for more information.
MTNGear products have been designed, tested and manufactured by our very own founder, Matt.