Using A Gas Canisters Refill Adaptor
- 5 June 2021
- Matt Vincent
- First you need to know the total weight that your canister was full. All canister have the net weight on the side but often not the total weight which is the important bit of information you need to know. (Its recommended to write this on the bottom when first purchased)
- Put the canister you would like to be topped off in the freezer for a few minutes. (If the canister gets to warm it may need refreezing. A customer recommended keeping it in a bowl of ice during refilling to keep it cool. This is a great idea)
- Make sure the adaptor is shut.
- Connect the cold canister to be refilled to the adaptor along with the gas canister from where the gas is to be taken.
- Keep the canister that fuel is to be taken from upside down so liquid fuel flows.
- Open adaptor valve and let fuel flow into cold canister.
- Undo cold canister and weight it.
Repeat steps 4 - 7 often to make sure the canister weight does not go above what its total weight was when new.
If you over fill the canister wait till it warms up and repeat the steps but in the opposite direction.
Share this post
- Chris Ormsby
- 13 Mar 2022
- 8:29 pm
Do you sell these Canisters Refill Adaptor's I can't seem to find or add it to the cart. I was hoping to buy one along with a Tikka bolt handle & to combine the shipping. Cheers
- Matt Vincent
- 14 Mar 2022
- 9:17 am
No longer sell the adapters sorry. You should be able to find them on alibaba.